Sunday, January 9, 2011

REVIEW - Mychelle Pumpkin renew cream (unscented)

Hey lovely beauties out there,

As you know I was trying out the mychelle skin care line, I was using the fruit enzyme cleanser and perfect C serum and was very pleased with the line, so I decided I needed to try their moisturizer too...I had a sample from a kit I had purchased a year ago, I tried the pumpkin renew cream coz of all the raving reviews from makeupalley. The sample I tried was ok, not great. felt a little too rich for my skin, but made it baby soft...







To be sure whether I should order the pumpkin renew cream or the oil free grapefruit cream, I had a skin care consultation done by mychelle and they recommended the pumpkin renew cream and I chose to purchase the unscented version coz my husband hated the smell of the scented version, he said I smelt like an old lady :)



I received my package on 24th of December and used very little of the cream am and pm. Its a light green coloured cream, feels heavy to touch and it took a long time to sink into my skin. Throughout the day however, I felt it was keeping my shine at check and was really making my skin super soft...but within 2 days I developed huge cystic acne on my chin and cheeks. I was devastated coz I had worked really hard to try and clear up my skin prior to this.....
I stopped using the cream on the 4th day and no more new zits appeared.

All the ingredients in the cream sound very good, but I dont why I had such a reaction, Im not sure if it was just purging or what...I called the mychelle aesthetician again and she said it could be that the cream is purging  all the toxins from  my skin...but I just could not have a new painful cystic pimple pop up everyday and spoil my face....So I havent used the cream after that..

Has anyone out there had a similar reaction? I had high hopes on this cream :(

Verdict on the pumpkin renew cream-

Pros-                                                                                            
Makes your skin feel baby soft
Balances out the skin so that it dosent produce lotta oil
Safe no toxic ingredients

Cons-
May be a bit too rich for oily and acne prone skin
Caused very bad acne for me! :(



I have been using the zuzu luxe oil free foundation and have been enjoying that and when I went to whole foods to purchase this product I happened to get a few samples of the gabriel skin care line. I have been trying the cream from the oily and overactive skin range....and so far am very impressed with this cream...Will do a full updated review after I have used this cream for at least a couple of weeks....

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment